MORE BAMBOO FACTS: Bamboo is the fastest growing plant on the planet. It has been around for over 30 million years and still going strong. It can grow 3 feet in height in 24 hours under appropriate climate conditions. Unlike other woody plants, bamboo reaches maturity after only 3 to 5 years. Bamboo releases 30% more oxygen into the atmosphere and absorbs more carbon dioxide compared to other plants. Bamboo has over 1400 species known today and still counting. Bamboo is one of the most exploited plants on the planet because its cultivation doesn’t require too much effort. Besides low cost of maintenance, bamboo has numerous applications. It can be used in medicine, in the building industry, for the production of various woody objects or as an ingredient of numerous delicious meals. Bamboo has stronger structure than steel and it is widely used in the construction industry. Other than that, bamboo is used in the manufacture of floors, furniture, house walls, skateboards, bicycle frames, helmets, clothing, bedding and of course….food. Bamboo can survive more than 120 years in the wild.
– Bamboo is one of the very few trees (actually a plant) which can match the rate of human consumption and deforestation. It can reach full maturity in 1 to 5 years. The usual woody trees take almost 30 to 40 years!!!
– Did you know Bamboo is renewable?!! When you harvest Bamboo, new shoots are left in the same spot and more trees grow in that location automatically no need for fertilizer or replanting.
– Thomas Alva Edison’s first working lightbulb contained a bamboo filament. 😉
– The tensile strength of Bamboo is 28,000 PSI. Just for comparison. The tensile strength of Steel is just 24,000 PSI. (WOW)
– Clothes made from Bamboo are hypo-allergenic meaning it naturally contains anti-bacterial agent and also is anti-fungal. (Cool…huh?)
– Around ONE BILLION people live in houses made from Bamboo-Who knew?
– Most redwoods have a 500 to 700 year lifespan, but some can live over 2000 years! Imagine destroying something that started growing in biblical times just to make a fence! In that same amount of time, one bamboo plant – which can be continually harvested every three years — could have been cut and re-grown over 650 times. OKAY…..SOLD!
Last but not the least….
The most cutest animal in the world, The Panda ABSOLUTELY LOVES bamboo! So thats a good enough reason why Bamboo is amazing! 😀
Bamboo building materials are not only beautiful but very durable as well. Our Bamboo fencing, bamboo poles and bamboo slats can be used for privacy or to enhance a wall or large structure. Our commercial grade palm thatch is a great way to add an island tropical feel to a patio or gazebo and will last for years.Our bamboo wind chimes and garden fountains will add tranquility to you backyard sanctuary. Visit our website @ http://www.decoratewithbamboo.com and discover over 500 Eco-Friendly bamboo items!
Bamboo Paneling is a cost effective way to add nature and beauty to any decor. Bamboo paneling can be used to wrap around posts, to cover walls, ceilings, bars, kitchen island fronts, wainscoting, etc. In addition to being easy to install and cost effective, our bamboo covering is flexible, making it the ideal wall covering material. It is also very hard and durable and can be used either indoors or outdoors.
Give them the gift of both “LUCK” and “LOVE” this Valentine’s day with these adorable Lucky Bamboo Arrangements! Great long lasting gifts and GREAT prices! http://www.decoratewithbamboo.com/store-categories-Lucky-Bamboo-Arrangements_4171603.html
Great for Meetings, Office Spaces, Yoga Classes or anywhere you want to separate a space! Choose from 3 beautiful finishes. Best price on the internet! For more information about this product visit our Eco- Friendly website @ http://www.decoratewithbamboo.com/store-products-394-Series-Bamboo-Flexible-Portable-Divider-Screen-3-Color-Choices_1097733411.html